Blogs Maceros (eng)
Just like the flash-card systems you had in school, Wokabulary organises your words in different memory levels. This makes it easy to see which words you already know well and what you need to rehearse again.
Wokabulary is free to use in a base version, that allows you to manage one language. You can use the full learning- and quiz mode and also import wordlists from the internet. The full version enables multiple languages and adds cool features like syncing, statistics as well as import/export function.
- Integrated access to Quizlet.com vocabulary database
- Learn Mode
- Flexible Quiz
- Detailed and graphic statistics
- Syncing between your Mac, iPad, iPhone (Pro feature)
- Manage multiple languages (Pro feature)
- Automatically switch keyboard layout
- Fixed bug in which Popup Quiz sometimes stops working
- Quiz no longer shows double level icons for Native words
- Now makes Wokabulary inactive when Popup Quiz closes
- OS X 10.7.3 or later
- OS X 10.8 or later
- Fast, secure and easy to use
- API keys encrypted by AES256
- Connection use SSL only
- Multimonitor support
- Cross platform
- Only Qt is decency
- Now supports Mt.Gox, BTC-e, Bitstamp, BTC China
- Many others exchanges will be added soon
- Added rules groups
- Fixed sleep mode crash
- Fixed crash on internet reconnect
- Fixed Buy All In amount for all exchanges
- Fixed BTC China last trades and improved performance
- Added context menus
- Ability to fill rule from buy and sell panels
- Improved last trades for Bitstamp and BTC China
- Added Volume movement arrow to order book
- Added Total column to own history and last trades
- Added confirmation dialogs switcher
- Added Fee Calculator single window mode
- Added Bulgarian translation
- And many small fixes
- Improved performance and stability
- OS X 10.7 or later
Call Recorder for Skype is an add-on for Skype which automatically transforms your audio and video calls into recordings. It's great for lessons, interviews, podcasts, or just having fun.
- Manually start/stop/pause, or record automatically.
- Control file size and quality.
- Widescreen HD video format.
- State-of-the-art H.264 and AAC file formats save space.
- Convert your calls to MP3 format.
- Uncompressed option for highest quality.
- Add time-indexed notes to recordings.
- Try before you buy.
- Fixes for compatibility with future updates of Skype.
- Other fixes and improvements.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Skype 2.8 or later
TenFourFox comes in different tuned versions for specific PowerPC processor families:
On the G4 Mac open the Terminal app (in Applications -> Utilities) and type the command machine and press return. You can read more in the Wiki entry; WhichVersion.
TenFourFox is a fast, efficient Web browser always based on the current version of Firefox, but unlike the main distribution TenFourFox is compatible with OS X 10.4 and 10.5 running on PowerPC processors.
TenFourFox does support most add-ons
The add-ons it does not support are those that contain native Intel code, or, on Tiger Macs (OS X 10.4), add-ons that contain native code that requires Leopard. You can continue to use add-ons compatible with the same version of Firefox in TenFourFox in most cases.
TenFourFox no longer supports plugins or Flash
As of the previous TenFourFox 6.0, for the following reasons plugin support ships disabled. Sites will now act as if no plugins were installed at all. For details and an in-depth explanation of this policy and other workarounds, see Why aren't plugins supported in TenFourFox?. You can reenable plugins at your own risk. See the section "Reenable plugins" below
Plugins on PowerPC are of special concern because Mozilla is making updates to their plugin architecture which may require the plugins themselves to be updated, and there are certain difficult-to-correct bugs with them already on Tiger. Most importantly, Adobe Flash for PowerPC is no longer maintained and has known security risks that can crash or leak data, some sites requires versions not available on the PowerPC, and QuickTime for Leopard will lose its own support with the release of OS X Lion.
For Internet video, we strongly recommend the use of Perian and any of the available video download add-ons for Firefox.
For YouTube, we recommend MacTubes. If you have a high end G4 or G5, you can also use WebM for selected videos by visiting http://www.youtube.com/html5 and enabling HTML5 video. This will set a temporary cookie enabling browser-based video without Flash.
To turn on plugins you do this: 1) go to the address field and type about:config. 2) Press return and click on the "I'll be careful, I promise" button. 3) In the filter input type "tenfourfox". You now see TenFourFox related preferences and can set new values by double clicking each preference. To reenable plugins set "tenfourfox.plugins.enabled" to true and "tenfourfox.layout.hideplugins" to false. If you want the java plugin activated set "tenfourfox.layout.hide_java_plugin" to false. 4) Close the window
Plugin code is an integral part of the codebase, so there will always be plugin code in TenFourFox. There's just no guarantee that it will work and Floodgap does not support issues conerning plugins.
If you have more questions you can read Frequently asked questions about TenFourFox
Note: The 'Download Now' link yields the G5 version of TenFourFox 24.2.0
- An operating system defect with heavy keyboard usage causing the menubar to be unresponsive has been worked around. This issue affects all previous versions of 10.4Fx.
- Garbage collection priority is increased, improving memory usage and reducing intermittent pauses. This issue affects 10.4Fx 16 and subsequent versions.
- The background and box shadow for top-level video and image documents is simplified, improving rendering performance. This issue affects 10.4Fx 19 and subsequent versions.
OS X 10.4.11 or later
BeanCounter is a powerful yet easy-to-use professional bookkeeping, time-tracking, and invoicing application. It features double-entry accounting, multiple currency support, and a simple one-window user interface. Manage accounts, clients, projects, merchants, and bills for an unlimited number of businesses. Stay on top of your business with detailed reports and graphs.
Add transactions in any currency with support for custom fields and attachments. Attach photos, scans, voice memos, and files such as receipts, invoices, and other documents to each transaction. Define custom accounting periods of varying length that may be manually closed to prevent changes. Automatically clear down nominal accounts at the end of each accounting period. BeanCounter also includes support for split and repeat transactions. Share data with import and export transaction support (including attachments).
Track project task time and expenses for clients. A built-in time tracker allows you to track time from BeanCounter or the included menulet. Generate customized estimates and invoices showing itemized tasks and expenses. Keep track of outstanding invoice balances and manage incoming payments.
- Double-entry, accrual accounting
- Create and manage an unlimited number of businesses (one file per business)
- Easy to use one window per business user interface
- Support for self-proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations
- Organize accounts, clients, merchants, and reports by groups
- Create 16 types of accounts (including accounts receivable and accounts payable)
- Add transactions in any currency with automatic conversion (or manually record converted values)
- Add custom transaction fields for local taxes, payment type, completion dates, or anything else
- Custom field types include checkbox, currency, date, list, number, percent, tags, list
- Configure which transaction fields to display and sort for each account
- Car mileage support (miles/kilometres) including start/stop values
- Attach photos, voice memos, and other files to transactions (with preview)
- Directly attach photos from cameras and documents from scanners to transactions
- Split and repeating transactions
- Import and export transactions with attachments
- Define custom accounting periods of varying length
- Manually close accounting periods preventing editing of transactions during that time period
- Optional nominal account transfer for each accounting period
- Create clients for managing projects with tasks, task items, expenses, and invoices
- Add project tasks with tax and hourly rates
- Time tracker tracks task time in application and menulet
- Minimum task time and idle time warning preferences
- Send estimate/project invoices with itemized list of tasks and expenses
- Select which invoice fields to include and customize titles
- Create merchants for tracking bills and payments
- Generate seven types of reports with graphs (CSV, PDF, and HTML)
- Option to select comparison date for reports
- Summary view displays totals for assets, liabilities, and equity (including current income and expenses)
- Search transactions, units, and values
- Select custom colours for items and states
- Autocomplete text values
- Fix lost totals bug when changing transaction accounts
- Fix transaction bug causing crash
- OS X 10.7 or later
iBored is a tool to view and edit blocks (sectors) of disks and related files (e.g. image files).
I've used it myself to repair iPods that had been borked by installing iPodLinux on them, rescue the most possible data from hard disks with defective sectors, analysed Flash (.flv) files and much more. It can even access disks remotely over internet.
If you know your bits and bytes, have a look at this tool. It runs on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux, thanks to it being made with REALbasic.
- Can view disks in custom block sizes.
- When modifying data, a "journal" file is written to your desktop that contains the previous data of the altered blocks, and it can be used to undo your changes.
- Can view partitions and other subranges as containers with their own start, length and block size.
- Can be re-launched with admin (root) rights to access non-removable disks) (Mac OS X only).
- Detects connected iPods, showing their firmware partition contents.
- Can access disks remotely over a network connection.
- Can save a range of blocks to a file and write a file back to disk.
- Has a powerful template system to view and analyse disk structures.
- Some operations are only implemented for Mac OS X, not Windows nor Linux.
- Hardly any testing has been done on Linux and Windows, lately. If basic operations (read, modify, write) fail, let me know!
- Templates are limited, and some operations may only work under certain conditions - I've often only implemented them as far as I needed them for a particular case.
- New templates for sqlite3 database files.
- Elements with a "link" attribute now offer a button for following the link.
- Block Viewer window now has Back/Forward buttons for the history.
- Fixes an occasional display issue in the templates view.
OS X 10.4.1 or later
- Added support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Imports True Type Collections
- Improvements in import engine
- Improvements in database
- Minor changes to Glyph View that addresses display of many glyphs
- Minor fix addressing a issue with application registration
OS X 10.6 or later
Sketch is an innovative and fresh look at vector drawing for the Mac. Its intentionally minimalist design is based upon a drawing space of unlimited size and layers, free of palettes, panels, menus, windows, and controls. Though simple to use, it offers powerful vector drawing and text tools like perfect Boolean operations, Symbols, and powerful Rulers, Guides, and Grids.
Note: The version available for download is 2.4.1, the Mac App Store version is 2.4.2.
- Improved Crash Reporting
- Improved Feedback Reporting
- Fixes a bug which would could cause scaled artboards to crash
- Fixes a bug that could cause the Layout to disappear when selecting multiple layers
- Fixes a rare crasher when opening the pages popover
- Fixes a formatter issue that could cause , and . to be mixed up
- Fixes a possible crasher when copy-pasting layers
- Fixes a bug that could cause Scaled layers to resize incorrectly
- Ungrouping layers item is now enabled to when you've got non-groups among your selection
- Fixes a crasher in rounding to nearest pixels
- OS X 10.7 or later
MaxBulk Mailer is a powerful mail-merge tool for Mac and Windows that allows you to send out customized press releases, price lists, and any kind of text or HTML documents to your customers. MaxBulk Mailer is fast, fully customizable, and very easy to use. MaxBulk Mailer handles plain text, HTML, and styled-text documents, and gives full support for attachments.
Available in Standard ($49.90) and Pro ($59.90) versions (prices converted from euros). For more details on each version, see this page.
- New SMTP error handlers added.
- Document and given contents encodings mismatch are now detected.
- Fixed bad password problems when sending after loading a file.
- Fixed problem when using LOGIN authentication and server doesn't explicitly specify what data has to be sent.
- Default encoding now set to UTF-8 when system language is not known.
OS X 10.5 or later
Hand Tint is the premier app for hand tinting and coloring photography and is the most powerful colorizing application on the desktop. Hand Tint is a professional application with powerful features, great workflow, and gorgeous results.
Hand tinting adds soft, otherworldly colors to a photo, and can also lend an antique feel to even the most modern subjects. Brush on color to add a life-like blush to the cheeks of a child, or draw attention to a single element, like a flower or a sunset sky. Hand painting will take a photograph to a higher realm. The key is simplicity…light tinting of color will lend a nostalgic quality to the photography, scrapbook or craft project.
Hand Tint will start the process by converting the photo to black and white, vintage, or luminosity. After this simple and quick step, painting can be used to tint areas back onto the photograph and bring color back into the aged photo. Easy to use but built with a professional workflow, layers provide a way to split up color categories and allow you to turn them off or on for a variety of looks. Use "Color Selection" to isolate specific areas in the photo to brush them on quickly and accurately. Finish the hand-tinted photo with the "Restore" brush and wash away any mistakes that occurred during the coloring process.
Choose a photography filter to create a beautiful un-toned or sepia base for your hand tinted image. All effect filters can be changed even after the painting is complete! Hand Tint comes with 3 effects to pre-process the photo. These include Black and White, Vintage, and Luminosity.
Black and White creates a rich and lustrous image with support for 60 texture/grain styles, multiple channel adjustments, and the ability to adjust the age or softness of the image.
Luminosity adds on top of Black and White and creates a bright and luminescent image that is soft yet sharp. Detail is retained while the brightness of the image seems to glow.
Vintage creates an antiqued photo complete with textures, image fade, image/paper color, and aging.
After the effect is complete use one of three brushes to create a gorgeous image. Paint Brush adds color back into the image. The Original Brushes paints on colors directly from the original photo, very useful for directly adding color areas back into the image. And the Restore brush erases or "Restores" the image back to the aged look before painting was applied. All of the brush support "Selective Color" mode whereby any paint or restoring is only applied to the color chosen. Quickly paint on reds without having to stay in the lines.
Hand Tint has some of the most powerful image editing features specifically geared towards hand tinting and colorizing photos. Add multiple layers that support opacity, visibility, and multiple custom compositing modes developed specifically to match the hand tinting process. Compositing modes include 'Color' for painting on colors while retaining the details and shadow and highlights in an image. 'Tone' adds color tones to the image as if painted under the image. 'Tint' is a lighter version of 'Tone' that can be used to add just the slightest amount of color to areas on the image. 'Soft Paint' is used to paint on soft color. Semi colored and semi tinted, 'Soft Paint' is great on the checks of a child, adding soft glows to portraits or extra color to hair. 'Paint' is directly color. Very useful when using the 'Original' brush as it composites color directly back onto the photo. All compositing modes, visibility, layer ordering, and opacity can be adjusted before the paint, during, or after the paint is applied. The gives great power and control over the hand tinting process.
If a mistake happens during painting there is no need to worry as Hand Tint supports Undo and Redo as well as the ability to save the project for later use.
- Bug fixes
OS X 10.6 or later
Take a look at your desktop right now and think -- how many of those files do you actually need?
You could probably remove most of them. But from time to time, there is some useful file on your desktop, which you want to keep.
DeskTopTidy moves all your files to folder you specify and organizes them by month. So you get a clean desktop every day, but your files are never lost and you can get back to them anytime you want!
- Rewritten from the ground up
- Updated UI
- Support for OS X Mavericks 10.9
- Added Auto clean feature
- Now supports notification center
- Added option to select were you want your Desktop items organized
- Added problem reporter
- Added support for auto updating
- OS X 10.8 or later
- Initial public release.
OS X 10.4 or later
Finale is a music notation program that gives you control over every aspect of the printed page and provides control over MIDI I/O.
Academic/theological pricing ($350) available.
Download link requires email registration. Installer downloads, followed by full application (158MB).
- Program-wide Mac modernization. Although this change is largely "under the hood", this move to the latest Mac interface provides some new standard Mac features, such as full screen mode and drag-scrolling. Additionally, Finale now makes use of stackable palettes that "lock" to each other.
- Human Playback Preferences. To access the Human Playback Preferences, choose Finale 2014 > Preferences > Human Playback.
- Percussion Layout Designer. The Percussion Layout Designer has been updated to: display the current staff name and Percussion MIDI Map; access the Percussion MIDI Map editor; display the MIDI note values from the current Percussion MIDI Map for assigned note types; optionally only allow note types found in the current Percussion MIDI Map; and provide a button to add all note types from the current Percussion MIDI Map.
- Movie Window. The playback controls and error handling in Finale's Movie Window have been updated to provide greater flexibility and ease of use.
- Transcription Mode. This method of recording MIDI data via the HyperScribe Tool has been removed. MIDI data previously recorded with Transcription Mode is embedded in your document and still plays back.
- Manage AU Plug-ins dialog box. Finale now uses an audio engine that automatically scans all installed audio plug-ins when you launch the program, eliminating the need for this dialog box. Additionally, you can have Finale automatically re-scan your plug-ins directory for new plug-ins while Finale is running.
- PICT format support. This format is no longer supported since it has been largely replaced by PDFs in Mac OS X.
- Message bar. To free up document space, the message bar has been moved to the bottom of the document window next to the navigational controls.
- Composer's Assistant plug-ins. These seldom-used plug-ins have become out-of-date and have been removed. They no longer appear under the Scoring and Arranging submenu.
- Mixer/Studio View. The Mixer and Studio View control modules have been updated for clearer control.
- Scroll View. Staff names are fully visible and remain to the far left when zooming and scrolling in Scroll View.
- Menu order. The order in which menus display in Finale has been aligned so that they appear identical on Mac and Windows.
- For more information regarding specific menu command changes, see Finale 2014 Interface Changes in the User Manual.
- New file format. Designed to improve compatibility, the new format for documents created in Finale helps you share your music more easily. Older Finale documents are automatically converted when you open them, and you will be prompted to save the file in the new format. You can also export your document to the older format for use in Finale 2012 (use MusicXML for earlier versions of Finale).
- Keyless scores. Create scores or sections with no key signature. You can also easily hide key signatures and continue to automatically display accidentals using the Hide key signature/Show accidentals option.
- Beat-attached Smart Shapes. Smart Shapes that previously attached to measures now attach to beats (in the same manner as expressions) with lines showing the attachment point. Beat attachment allows a Smart Shape start or end point to attach to a particular note, beat, or right barline. Affected Smart Shapes include hairpins, trills and trill extensions, 8va/8vb (ottava/ottava bassa), horizontal brackets, and lines.
- Smart multi-layer accidental and rest handling. Rests of the same duration and accidentals on unison notes in multiple layers now are displayed only once. Accidentals in one layer are also carried through the measure for all other layers (these can optionally be displayed in Staff Attributes or Staff Styles).
- Improved percussion functionality. There is now greater interaction between the Percussion Layout Designer and Percussion MIDI� Maps, and Percussion MIDI� Maps can now be removed.
- Unlinkable Special Tools. Alterations made with any of the Special Tools are now unlinkable between a score and its parts.
- MP4 support. Finale now supports loading MP4 videos.
- Improved Scanning/SmartScore Lite Enhancements. Finale now includes SmartScore Lite version X2, offering improved notation recognition.
- New ARIA Player. Finale includes the latest ARIA Player from Garritan, with more than 400 instruments including the additions of alto flute, bass flute, oboe d'amore, Eb clarinet, contrabass clarinet, piccolo trumpet, tubular bells, string harmonics, percussion "toys", orchestral brass mutes, flugelhorn, basic African percussion, steel drums, banjo, fife, tablas, Celtic harp, and nine patches from Garritan Instant Orchestra.
- Improvements to opening files. Finale displays all readable file types in the Open dialog box. Additionally, MusicXML files can now be dragged-and-dropped onto the Finale application.
- New method for Finale updates. At launch, Finale automatically checks for updates. Instead of requiring you to download and install the updates manually from the Finale website, Finale now downloads and installs the updates automatically.
- Fret values over 10 for capo no longer cause a crash in the Chord Definition dialog box.
- Descriptions for new expressions can be copied in the Expression Designer.
- Finale font annotation now supports Unicode.
- Handles stay attached to a selected graphic when scrolling.
- Human Playback
- Accordion instruments are now recognized as a single grand staff.
- Hyphens and word extensions now appear in mirrored measures.
- Music Spacing
- Music spacing is now applied correctly to all layers when using Automatic Update Layout.
- Percussion MIDI Maps now display correctly when changing a staff's notation style to Percussion.
- Certain files containing repeats no longer cause a crash when being merged.
- Measure number regions are now retained when merging documents.
- Scroll View
- The measure number field now supports measure numbers over 100.
- Setup Wizard
- Eb cornet instruments now appear with the correct transposition.
- Ensembles containing Unicode characters now display correctly.
- Smart Shapes
- Smart Shapes can now be applied to staves with independent time signatures.
- Text from multi-line text blocks now appear correctly in the Edit Text dialog box.
- Extra characters no longer appear at the end of filename text inserts.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Intel Core 2 Duo or better, Intel i3 and above recommended
FineReader Pro combines unmatched OCR quality, accurate document formatting reconstruction and unsurpassed language support with an intuitive interface.
- Some functionality improvements
- OS X 10.7 or later